2016- 2017 School YEar
DEAR PARENTS & STUDENTS,
I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving Holiday Break. Some important notes and dates to note:
- The first Friday of every month a Viking of the Month is nominated!
- There is a collection drive for the women's resource safe home through December 21st!
- The first Friday of every month a Monthly Newsletter with important updates and information is handed out with the weekly Friday Folders. Please make sure to ask you see these newsletters (they are usually on yellow paper.)
- Remember to sign up for Schoolway, a quick way for the school to get out important information to you, like about the power outage last week or any upcoming possible snow days.
- Monday 12-19: Holiday Hat Day
- Tuesday 12-20: Holiday Movie After School for Grades 6-8 (please pick students up at about 5:50 in the elementary drive)
- Wednesday 12-21: AMS Bake Sale (we encourage students and families to bring in donated goods that morning to be sold at all lunches)
- Wednesday 12-21: Last Day of Women's Resource Safe Home Collection Drive
- Thursday 12-22: $2 Middle School Gift Exchange
Times keep rolling by so very quickly! A few important upcoming dates:
- Tuesday, November 1st: No students (ISD Wide PD)
- Friday, November 4th: Last Day of the First Marking Period (All missing/late/correction work must be in prior to this date)
- Friday, November 11th: Veteran's Day Assembly
- Thursday-Friday, November 24th & 25th: No School Thanksgiving Break
- Wednesday, November 30th: Half Day for Students
We are already in our 2nd month of school and Parent-Teacher conferences are coming up quick (next Thursdy, October 13th)! Once again we are asking that you sign up prior to conferences using the following link. Please let myself or Mrs. Cook know if you have any questions!
This week students will have the opportunity to write a speech in order to run for a Leadership Team Representative! Speeches will be due this Friday and given on Monday.
Other upcoming dates:
Tomorrow (October 5)- Count Day (It is very important that your child be here and on time.)
10/13- P-T Conferences 1/2 for students
1/1- ISD Wide PD no school for students
1/11- Veteran's Day Assembly
This Monday, September 19th we welcomed our ELA long-term guest teacher Mrs. Wolters! We are very excited to have her here to teach the AMS students, she is a great addition to the team.
Standardized Testing Update: Fall NWEA started 9-20 and will be completed 9-29. M-Step Results will be sent home with all other "Friday Folder" papers this Friday, Sept. 30.
Please sign up for Schoolway in order to get important information directly from the district (information and directions were sent home, but can also be found on the school website).
I am still in need of many items for the new STEAM & Makerspace class I am teaching this year. Please look over the document to see what items we need!
STEAM & Makerspace Items
2016-2017 School Year Alanson Public School's Open House is Tuesday, August 30th!
First day of school Tuesday, September 6th!!!!!! I hope you all had a wonderful summer and am excited for a new school year!